Poem: Mask {healing hurts}

Poem: Flowers {RandomSkittlehead}

 


No one has ever asked me to be their Valentine

I was never given flowers by someone other than my parents 

Well at least I got flowers, but they would shrivel up and die no matter how hard I tried to keep them pure

Kinda reminds me of my love story now

Or the failure of so


There’s a guy

And it’s near impossible to deny my infatuation with his mysterious eyes

Or dark hair

And his deep yet boyish voice

He’s like a dream, something that feels so real but yet won’t ever happen


Every time I talk to him, I feel like he’s interested in me

But yet I can see things quite ambiguously

He might call me over the phone for hours just because he’s a friend

Not a potential lover


I try not to get my hopes up

But every time he says my name

It’s like listening to it for the first time

As cringey as that sounds, it’s true

Just the thought of him knowing my name is enough to make me swoon even more


I have a little less than 4 days

4 days to break a cycle 

One that I hope will start a new tradition

And maybe he’ll gift me flowers that will remain pure for a lifetime

Comments