Poem: Mask {healing hurts}

Poem: Stupid Cupid {RandomSkittlehead}


 

Why do you always make me fall for guys that have zero interest in me?

Why must I swoon over the guys that ignore me?

Does this bring you amusement, Cupid?

Watching my heartbreak over a guy

Watching my tears flood onto my pillow

Is this entertainment?


I saw what you did to Romeo and Juliet, Cupid

It’s sick

They died for love, are you mad I haven’t found someone I would die for?

Or are you torturing me with these sick games?

Just because I know the truth

The truth of your existence


You exist to watch girls break

You laugh at their tear-stained faces when their love is declined

When their heart breaks into a million pieces and when there is no one to pick up those pieces

You laugh like a maniac


There are a few lucky people that don’t fall for your games

They plow through your obstacles as if there nothing

I aspire to be like those people

To ignore your existence, the games you play


Stupid Cupid, that’s all you are

A sick maniac that laughs at heartbreak

And I must be the star of your sick games


I once used to admire you, thinking you’d help me with my silly little dream

To have someone that looks at me with stars in their eyes

That holds my hand when I struggle

Someone that loves me effortlessly 

You took my dream and turned it into a nightmare


Stupid Cupid, you won

Are you happy now?

I give up on love, I give up on my silly little dream

Take it, it’s yours


You won!


Credits: 

Comments

Post a Comment